GrowPro Sea Salt formulation for making artificial seawater
GrowPro Sea Salt – a cost-effective solution for cultivating PyroDinos. Easily expand your PyroDino cultures with this new formulation. GrowPro Sea Salts have been tested with our PyroDino cultures and can be used alone or in conjunction with DinoNutrients (as recommended).
600 grams GrowPro Sea Salt
(enough for 15 liters or 4 gallons)
PyroDinos are grown in Pacific Ocean seawater (DinoNutrients) but can be gradually adapted to GrowPro Artificial Seawater.
1. Mix GrowPro Sea Salt with dechlorinated tap or purified water.
Use ½ cup GrowPro Sea Salt per gallon of water or roughly 38g of per liter of water.
2. Stir vigorously to ensure a good mix. Let sit (wait) for 1 hour or more.
3. Measure specific gravity with a Hydrometer.
Recommended Specific Gravity Range: 1.022 - 1.026 at 72F (22°C).
4. Adjust salt level accordingly. If the specific gravity is too low, add more GrowPro Sea Salt. If too high, add more dechlorinated water.
5. Sterilize the artificial seawater using UV light, 0.22 micron filter, microwave heating or a combination of these methods.
6. (optional) Add Nutrient solutions (DinoNutrients or concentrated DinoNutrients) to enhance nutrient profile.
For small batches of artificial seawater, we recommend using a covered Pyrex dish (to prevent evaporation) and microwaving the water until very hot (but not boiling). Once cooled, we recommend adding a standard DinoNutrient pouch to every 2 liters of artificial seawater (to enhance the nutrient profile).
PyroFarms can provide a concentrated DinoNutrient solition for large-scale applications. Inquire Here