Care and feeding of PyroDinos (Dinoflagellates)
Three simple items are important for the care of dinoflagellate 'PyroDino' cultures:
- 1) Moderate Temperatures 63F to 79F (17C – 26C)
- 2) Moderate Light (no direct sunlight - low light is better than bright light)
- 3) Moderate Feeding (you can overfeed PyroDinos)
Temperature: PyroDinos can withstand a wider temperature range if the changes are gradual and light conditions are complementary. During periods of warm temperatures (80F+) low lighting is preferred.
Lighting: NO direct sunlight or any lighting that adds excess heat to the PyroDino culture should be employed. Indirect (naturally reflective) sunlight is good. LED lighting is great because it produces minimal heat. Lighting should be similar to having a small PyroDino culture 4 to 10 feet away from a single 60W light bulb.
Feeding: Less is best. There are two approaches 'maintenance feeding' and 'expansion feeding'. Maintenance feedings keep a culture healthy while expansion feedings are for people wanting to produce more PyroDinos.
- Maintenance feeding: Add small amounts (5%-10% of total culture volume) once every week or once every 2 weeks. example for a small 300ml/10oz culture add 1oz/25ml every 2 weeks. 1oz~ 2 tablespoons
- Expansion feeding: Add 30-50% total culture volume once every 7 to 10 days. Ensure culture is healthy and dense before expansion. Stop or reduce feedings if bioluminescence is significantly diminished after feeding.
GrowPro care and maintenance instructions GROWPRO
PyroDino and Bio-Orb Instructions & Information: PyroDinos
Contact PyroFarms for more detailed information: email@example.com